- What is the YMCA Swimathon?
At the YMCA, we believe people with disability deserve to learn to swim and be safe around water. But many people miss out because of limited access to specially qualified swimming instructors or the right facilities. So we thought we’d lend a hand…
The YMCA Swimathon is an annual national fundraising event to raise money for the swimming programs we run for people with disability. It’s an opportunity for people to come together and enjoy swimming and splashing around while raising money for a great cause.
- How can I participate?
It’s as simple as…
- Register to raise money for YMCA Swimathon.
- Share your fundraising page with friends, family or colleagues and get those donations rolling in.
- Get poolside at your local YMCA on Sunday 5 March 2017 for the YMCA Swimathon.
Swim, kick, paddle or splash – do whatever! Just jump in the pool and enjoy yourself so that people with disability can do the same.
Don’t feel like getting to the pool? You can still raise money. Just don’t worry about step 3!
It couldn’t be easier…
- Find your local YMCA.
- Donate to the centre or choose an individual or team to sponsor.
- Share on social media to spread the word.
If you’re interested in becoming a community or corporate partner, we’d love to hear from you. We offer a range of partnership options that we can tailor for your organisation.
- How do I start a team?
When registering, choose the ‘start a team’ option. All team members have to register individually, so just tell your friends your team name and they can choose it from the dropdown when they register. You can also share the link to the team page.
Fundraising totals from your team members will go towards the team total.
- How will the funds be spent?
Everything you raise or donate is invested back into your local YMCA. We need the funds to:
- up-skill swim instructors in working with people with disabilities
- install disability-access equipment, including pool hoists
- give thousands of people with disabilities the chance to learn to swim and have fun around water.
- Is my donation tax deductible?
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
- Can I donate even if I’m overseas?
You sure can. With online payments – anyone, anywhere can support people with disability learn to swim and be safe around water.
- Can I make cash donations?
Yes. We’ve made it pretty simple this year. If you’d like to make a cash donation, you’ve got a couple of options.
- Make your donation of $2 or more at your local YMCA. We can give you a written receipt there and then.
- Ask your YMCA for our offline payment form. This gives you the option of paying by mail, BPAY or even at your local post office. Cash, cheque, EFTPOS – it’s your call!
If you’re a fundraiser, you’ll receive a custom offline payment form so that your supporters can make cash donations direct to your campaign. Print it out and have copies on you at all times!
- I’m a fundraiser, how can YMCA help me raise money?
We’d love to help you. Take a look at the resources we’ve created to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Who do I contact if I am having technical difficulties with the website?
Please contact everydayhero on 1300 798 768